- Where do you ship your cakes?
- How do you ship your cakes?
- Why do cakes cost so much to ship?
- Can you overnight ship?
- What is the shelf life of the cake?
- Can any cake be branded or customized?
- How much extra will that cost?
- What makes your cake unique?
- Do you use a mix?
- How long will it take, once I place my order, for the cake to arrive?
- Does someone have to be available to accept delivery?
- Do you offer custom cakes?
- What are my icing choices?
- Do you offer cakes for restricted diets (fat-free, sugar-free, wheat-free)?
- How many people do your cakes feed?
- How much do your cakes cost?
- What methods of payment are accepted?
- Are there restrictions to using discount or coupon codes on the site?
- I have a large order and need to ship to multiple addresses. What is the easiest way to do this?
- Do you offer corporate discounts?
- Do you have a Club program?
- Can you deliver to a P.O. Box?
Where do you ship your cakes?
Our bakery is located in Fort Lauderdale/Miami, Florida. Our layer cakes, Bundt cakes, and cupcakes can be shipped anywhere in the continental U.S. We deliver layer, birthday, and specialty cakes in Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade (South Florida) counties. Certain layer cakes and all specialty fondant cakes cannot be shipped.
How do you ship your cakes?
All of our gourmet cakes are shipped via FedEx. The cakes are individually boxed in a gorgeous gift box and carefully wrapped with lots of padding. Then they are packaged in a sturdy shipping box. In fact, we take great pride in making sure that the cakes we deliver nationwide will taste just as fresh as if you walked into our store! Layer cakes and cupcakes are shipped with dry ice.
Why do cakes cost so much to ship?
The boxes are heavy! We pack our layer cake, cupcakes and mini-Bundts in 5 pounds of dry ice to ensure they stay frozen during transit. The weight of the package and size of the box contribute to the shipping cost, and we ship via 2nd business day FedEx to maintain the cake’s quality. However, we do negotiate the best shipping prices and pass them along to you.
Bundt cakes have a 7-day shelf life, without refrigeration, from the time it leaves our facility. It is best to store your Bundt cake, wrapped, in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or wrapped in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Can any cake be branded or customized?
We have the ability to add artwork to layer cakes, cupcakes and mini-cupcakes. We can also offer branding on a white 8″ round tin lid for our gourmet Bundt cakes.
What makes your cake unique?
Our cakes are hand-crafted from the finest ingredients and we a variety of unique and delicious flavors. In fact, one of “Oprah’s Favorite Things” is our famous key lime Bundt cake!
How long will it take, once I place my order, for the cake to arrive?
We know it’s important that your cake arrive when you need it to. That’s why we ship via 2nd business day FedEx. Please use the calendar when placing your online order to select your preferred arrival date.
Does someone have to be available to accept delivery?
All our cakes are shipped “signature release,” meaning the cake will be left at the door if no one is available. This way the cake will be received as soon as someone arrives. We don’t use “signature required,” because if no one is available to sign, FedEx will take it back to the facility until they are able to redeliver. This may not be until the next day (or even Monday in the case of a Friday attempt), and we want you to get your cake as soon as possible in great condition. FedEx does not keep your cake in a refrigerated or air-conditioned facility.
Do you offer custom cakes?
Absolutely! We can design a custom, specialty or designer cake for any occasion. Your imagination’s the limit! Please note that all custom cakes are only available in the South Florida area due to the fragile nature of these cakes. If you live in South Florida and are looking for a custom wedding cake, baby shower cake or gourmet birthday cake, we can deliver to you or you can come by our shop and pick it up!
What are my icing choices?
We offer vanilla cream cheese frosting, chocolate cream cheese frosting, vanilla buttercream frosting, and coffee buttercream frosting. However, depending on the type of cake, other options may be available.
We also offer fondant cakes, which allows for a wide range of design options for wedding and specialty cakes. Most of the wedding cakes you see featured in wedding magazines are covered in fondant. It gives a smooth, flawless matte finish and can be draped, painted on and tinted, among other things. If you’re planning a wedding in South Florida, we’d love to create your dream cake!
Do you offer cakes for restricted diets (fat-free, sugar-free, wheat-free)?
At this time, we do not offer sugar-free or fat-free cakes. All of our cakes normally contain wheat and dairy products and may contain nuts. Therefore, we do not recommend our traditional cakes for people with sensitivities to these ingredients.
We do offer a chocolate vegan cake, along with an assortment of gluten free cake flavors, such as Chocolate, Red Velvet, Coconut, Golden Butter and Pumpkin. Please note: we do not have a certified gluten free facility. Our gluten-free cakes are ideal for people with a gluten sensitivity but not for Celiacs, as there may be cross contamination within our facility.
- Standard Bundt Cakes: 8–10 people
- Standard 9″ layer cakes: 15-20 people
- 10″ layer cakes: 25–30 people
- Smaller 6″ layer cakes: 6–10 people
- Designer, specialty or custom cakes can be made to accommodate your needs.
How much do your cakes cost?
Our cakes range in price from $25 to $20,000 depending on the type of cake, size of cake, and the complexity of the design. Our fondant cakes start at $7 per person. Please contact us at (954) 764-2253 or (888) 901-2253 to discuss a custom cake.
What methods of payment are accepted?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. We don’t accept personal checks, but cash is accepted for payments in advance. If you are a corporate client, please contact us to discuss payment options.
- Coupons and discounts can’t be applied to products already on sale. This applies to the Cake of the Month Club Cakes and other active promotions.
- Coupons and discount codes, unless otherwise mentioned, may only be used once per customer.
- Coupons and discount codes may only be used on orders placed online on WeTakeTheCake.com.
- Only one coupon or discount code can be applied per order.
I have a large order and need to ship to multiple addresses. What is the easiest way to do this?
Contact us! Not only do we deliver nationwide, but we can easily manage multiple recipients. Please call us at (888) 901-2253 or send us an email and attach an Excel spreadsheet with your recipients’ shipping information.
Do you offer corporate discounts?
Yes, we do! Corporate cakes are a great way to celebrate any occasion, and we are happy to offer discounts for large orders. Please call us at (888) 901-2253 or email us at email@example.com.
Do you have a Club program?
Yes, we have a Cake of the Month Club. For a 6- or 12-month period, you can delight clients, employees, friends, or family by sending them a different and delicious cake each month. We offer at discount pricing to Club members. Contact us for more details.